We know that there is no greater source of information on everything Pure Michigan than you. So we’re asking you to help us share with the world what makes our state so great.
We’re looking for your favorite Pure Michigan everything – vacation spots, events, memories, beaches, restaurants, hiking trails, fishing holes, and anything else you can think of. You can send it to us in the form of a quick write up, some pictures, or a short video. Each month, we’ll select some of them, and publish them right here on our blog. We’ll also spread the word on our Facebook fan page, and through our Twitter account.
You can email your submissions to ContactUs@michigan.org. Here’s what we’ll need from you:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address (if it’s different than the one you’re sending from)
- City and State
- Optional: Twitter ID (and your permission to promote your submission on Twitter)
- How (or if) readers who have questions can contact you directly (email, Twitter, Facebook)
- Your commitment that you will check back with the blog for the 7 day period following your posting to respond to any questions left in the comments section.
- A picture of yourself, if you’d like to use one
- A short bio – no more than a couple of sentences
- o Ex. Chris Boyle, member and former Vice President of the Tip of the Thumb Heritage Water Trail. Chris is currently paddling the entire trail compiling an inventory. He has completed ¾ of the trail as of this date. He also owns a kayak rental shop in Port Austin that services the trail.
For written submissions:
- 300-500 words of an original story that isn’t published elsewhere.
- All relevant links (To specific destinations, attractions and events on michigan.org. If you don’t have these, we will fill in with the links we find appropriate). If you want a link to your personal or business website, please include up to 3 links in your bio.
- 4-6 pictures you want included in your post – please upload these to Flickr, and send us the URL.
For photo submissions:
- 4-6 clear, good quality photos
- Captions for the photos
- Please upload your photos to Flickr, and send us the links. We’ll pull them off of that site.
For video submissions:
- 2-5 minutes of video
- A description, or caption
- Please upload your video to YouTube and send us the link
We won’t be able to publish everything, but we will contact you when we are ready to use yours. If you don’t want to be acknowledged by name, please let us know.