It's an Autopalooza Weekend!
Do you enjoy the blood pumping action of seeing cars streaming past you at over 200 MPH? Or do you prefer to see the classics cruise by, restored to their former glory by caring owners? Whatever your preference, this weekend offers opportunities for both!
- This Sunday’s Pure Michigan 400 race promises to provide plenty of excitement for fans with a need for speed. Come for the day, or stay for a long weekend. There are a lot of activities available right at Michigan International Speedway, as well as in the local area. Before you head out to the race, be sure to get the official Pure Michigan fan gear! If you haven't got tickets yet, get them at our special discounted price for Pure Michigan fans!
If you prefer to admire the beauty of a classic car, you have several options this weekend.
- Flint’s Back to the Bricks Cruise and Car Show started Tuesday, and continues through Sunday the 21st. For five exciting days, downtown Flint and its surrounding areas become home to more than 20,000 participating car buffs and 150,00 spectators.
- The Woodward Dream Cruise officially takes place on August 20th, but there are many activities going on in the neighboring cities, making it an almost week-long event. Read about one longtime Dream Cruise visitor’s experience, and find out more about the events in the area.
- Don't miss NASCAR drivers Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon who will be serving as Grand Marshals for a Chevrolet parade down Woodward Avenue, starting in Bloomfield Hills this Thursday afternoon!
- Don’t miss the All Family AMC Annual Car Show in Livonia as the Great Lakes Classic American Motors car club presents its 25th Anniversary car show and swap meet this Sunday the 21st.
- Auburn Hills finishes up their summer weekly Cruise Nights at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum next Wednesday the 24th, so you still have two opportunities to enjoy vehicle displays, food, music, and museum tours.
After racing and cruising this weekend, you may find yourself anxious to attend more car events. Luckily, we have just the remedy. There are still more opportunities in August to cruise!
- 28th Street Metro Cruise
8/26/2011 - 8/27/2011
Two days, with over 20,000 special interest cars, a MetroMillion display, car show, swap meet, and cruisin' from Grandville to Cascade with events at Woodland Mall and Rogers Plaza.
- Corvette Crossroads Auto Show
8/26/2011 - 8/27/2011
The weekend will kick-off with free live entertainment and continue on with the auto show, poker walk, parade, and arts & crafts show. Sunday the arts & crafts will continue and at 8pm and a one-hour vesper cruise on the Straits of Mackinac (free--first come, first serve).
- Cruisin' Hines
Enjoy hourly parades with one make or model of car parading single file, meaning you could see 100 Mustangs in a row! “Henry’s Field” will be reserved for all pre 1931 vehicles.