Yesterday, we shared our Vice President, George Zimmermann’s 2010 Pure Michigan Resolutions. Today, Dave Lorenz is sharing his Pure Michigan goals for 2010.
Dave is the manager of Public & Industry Relations for Travel Michigan/Michigan Economic Development Corp. He grew up in Cloverville (yes, the one near Fruitport and Nunica) and currently resides in Norton Shores. His interests include travel, running and trying to be a good husband and father. Here are his resolutions:
- I’m hoping to try my hand, or hands and feet, at Ice Climbing in the Marquette/Munising area. I learned the basics of climbing last winter on a waterfall at the base of Hogback Mountain (great name, huh?) in Marquette. I’m hoping to climb more than 30-feet this year.
- Run at least two Michigan marathons this year. I had a rotten running year in ‘09 - the result of an injured knee and a busy schedule – but I’m hopeful that I will run Traverse City’s Bay Shore Marathon in May after a warm-up in Grand Rapids at the Fifth-Third Riverbank race. In the fall I hope to either run Detroit or Grand Rapids marathons. I have run both in the past and they are both GREAT!
- Get back to Isle Royale National Park, to hike and kayak among the moose and wolves. I’ve hosted travel writers there before but there is so much more to explore.
- I love Detroit! My wife and I are planning to show off the city to a group of friends this spring. You can feel the rhythm of the city over a weekend but I’m hoping to spend more than a few days enjoying the sights and sounds of a great American city.
- We live near the Lake Michigan shoreline and we have gotten out of the habit of taking those occasional weeknight walks along the beach. There is nothing like a twilight stroll as the waves are softly caressing the shoreline (OK…a bit much maybe, but true) and we have so many public access spots, including Muskegon’s Pere Marquette park, and our many state parks like PJ Hoffmaster State park .
If you’ve already done any of the things on Dave’s list, and have some tips or advice for him, leave a comment and let him know. We’ll be following up with him throughout the year to see how he’s doing on his resolutions.