Hello Pure Michigan Connect fans! We have some great links to share with you in this week’s roundup. Summer is here and we’ve got traveling on the mind. Take a look at these links, and hopefully you’ll find some inspiration for a fun Michigan road trip this summer!
- This week, National Geographic covered some of the must-see destinations along Lake Michigan’s coast. Is it time for a coast of Lake Michigan road trip?
- Any Lake Michigan coast road trip must include a stop in Saugatuck. Yahoo! Travel recently listed Saugatuck on their list of Great American Beach Towns.
- If you want to extend that Lake Michigan road trip a lot farther, and maybe try it on a motorcycle, this article gives some great suggestions for things to see and do while riding the Lake Michigan Circle Tour (part of the Great Lakes Circle Tour) on a Harley. Of course, the Harley is optional, but the Circle Tour should be on everyone’s bucket list!
- If you have completed the traditional Michigan road trips, and want to try something a little different, why not try a Shipwreck Coast tour? National Geographic’s book “Drives of a Lifetime,” lays out a fantastic road trip along Lake Superior’s coastline.
- Prefer exploring shipwrecks a little more up close and personal? Think about scuba diving a Great Lakes shipwreck. According to Doug Bell, owner of Scuba North in Traverse City, Michigan’s Great Lakes offer “the best shipwreck diving in the world.’’ Take a look at Doug’s top 5 favorite Michigan wrecks/diving locations.
- If you’re looking for an educational trip, Hometown History Tours is launching a website for a Michigan “heritage trail” of Detroit’s historical sites and nearby shops and restaurants. Hometown History plans to start the map, and let people add to it. We will keep you posted on the developments of this initiative. We think it will be a great benefit to Southeast Michigan.
Which road trip is going first on your list?
Take a look at our previous Link Roundups.