Welcome back to Pure Michigan Connect’s first link roundup since the official start of spring! Once again, we’ve rounded up some of the best things submitted to us on our Twitter, and Facebook pages, as well as links we found on the Internet.
- Spring makes us think of traveling, and as we know, Michigan is one of the best places to vacation. The word is getting out, and analysts are predicting a boost to the tourism industry this year.
- When looking for things to do in Michigan, a concern for many is whether they can bring their pets on vacation. We’ve found a resource that highlights places that welcome all well-behaved dogs, regardless of size.
- While traveling throughout the state, you may want to listen to some music. And why not travel in Michigan while listening to some of the hip-hop artists from Michigan? A Detroit-based promoter has put together a mixtape of music from a large number of Michigan artists that performed this year at the SXSW (South by Southwest) music festival.
- Michigan has many locally made and grown products, but they are not necessarily well-known. Michigan crafter Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood has some great ideas to change that. She is hoping to put together a Handmade in Michigan tour featuring places throughout Michigan to find locally made products. She is currently seeking feedback about your places to shop for handmade goods and where to find artists, so if you have any ideas, please share!
- Lastly, this week’s picture was chosen from our Facebook page and features the Super Moon seen last weekend. If you didn’t get a chance to see the moon for yourself, click through to find the Flickr page featuring images of the Super Moon.