Hello again, Pure Michigan Connect Readers! Once again, we’ve pulled together some of the best things we’ve found, or that you have shared with us, via our Facebook or Twitter pages. This week’s photo of the Ambassador Bridge was posted on our Facebook wall by Ryan Glenn.
- Food Network’s latest show, Ice Brigade premieres on Thursday, March 3rd, and features Michigan native Randy Finch and his team of renegade ice artists as they create original designs that defy imagination. Tune in to see the team design the Midwest’s first ice lounge at a restaurant in Royal Oak.
- Delta’s magazine, InsideSky, features a 40+ page profile of Detroit in this month’s issue. The article covers everything from a Detroit timeline to great places for food and fun, including recommendations from some famous people with ties to Michigan!
- In January, we told you about AIGA Detroit’s “Wish You Were Here” postcard contest. They received over 150 entries, and have now narrowed the number down to 48. Now it is time to go vote for your favorites!
- Our Facebook and Twitter friends posted some great links to videos featuring Michigan this week!
- Think Feel Pictures, a Michigan based production company specializing in ski and snowboard videos posted a really cool video on Twitter showing snowboarders training for The Dew Tour and X Games.
- History buffs will appreciate this video featuring the unofficial state song “My Michigan.” The video plays over photos honoring Michigan soldiers in the Civil War taken from personal collections and various public sources. These are the soldiers about whom Abraham Lincoln famously said, “Thank God for Michigan!”
- Lastly, we found a short tourism documentary on northern Michigan circa 1949 as part of James A. Kirkpatrick’s “Travel Talks” series. Footage includes some of the lovely destinations in Michigan.