Royal Oak’s Ford Arts, Beats & Eats Festival, a celebration of art, music, and cuisine returns Labor Day weekend, September 2-5! The festival has expanded for 2011, adding 4 additional blocks, with more fine artists and restaurants, as well as 80,000 additional square feet of space in the Royal Oak Music Theatre. The Theatre will feature a mini Michigan art & craft show and live music in a comfortable, air conditioned space.
The Juried Fine Arts Show features local and national artists, and is located in the southern section of the festival. The Arts have expanded onto Lincoln Avenue, providing extra space for artists and guests. You’ll find art created using many mediums, including ceramics, glass, graphics, mixed media, photography, and more!
You’ll find almost every genre of music on 11 stages during the festival – Country, Rock, Americana, World Music, Rock-a-billy, Electronic, Flamenco, and much more. In addition to musical performances, there is an opportunity to join a World Record attempt for Zumba Dance!
- Michigan Lottery National Stage – Country, Jazz, Rock, and more. Headliners include Panic at the Disco, Bret Michaels, Vince Gill, and George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic
- Budweiser Rock Stage – Many styles of rock, including Alt Rock, Pop Rock, Rock-a-Billy, Indie Rock, to name just a few.
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort Americana Stage – Blues, Country, Americana, Rock-a-Billy
- Citizens Bank Cultural Stage – Marimba Quartet, Flamenco/Dance, Urban Folk, World Music
- Mirepoix Cooking School International Stage – World Music, Upbeat Global Soul, Polka Rock, music of India, Celtic. Also, “The Duel” cooking competition.
- Ford Focus Alternative Stage – Rock, Alternative, Punk, Pop
- Pepsi R&B/Jazz Stage – Blues, Funk, Jazz, and a Vaudeville/Burlesque show!
- Made In Detroit Stage – Rock, Electronic, Country, and you can even sing on stage during the Karaoke hours.
- Oakland County Parks Kids Stage – Puppet Theatre, Magic show, Ventriloquist, Kids concerts
- US Park Stagecrafters Theatre Stage – Featuring music by students from Detroit’s School of Rock & Pop Music
- Royal Oak Music Theatre Stage (performances in Royal Oak Music Theatre) – Country, Rock
Already one of the largest food festivals in the country, there are 25% more dining attractions over last year, offering the widest array of food choices in the event’s history. You won’t want to miss the BBQ Alley, Mirepoix Cooking School’s “The Duel,” or the Soaring Eagle’s Cuisine Machine!
- Holiday Market
- Olga’s Kitchen
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
- Awrey Bakeries
- Uptown Entertainment
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Hudsonville Creamery and Ice Cream Company
- As well as 60 more participating restaurants!
In addition to the Arts, Beats & Eats, be sure to stop by the ITC Greenways Environmental exhibits, drop off canned goods to the Citizens Bank Food Drive, check out the newest Ford vehicles at the Ford Drive One Tour display, or join the Priority Health Arts in Motion 5K on Saturday.
Whatever your interests, they are sure to be satisfied at the Ford Arts, Beats & Eats festival in Royal Oak. There is something for everyone! Now, what section are you going to visit first?