We wanted to know where some of the best places in Michigan were to have a romantic Valentine’s experience. Often, the most reliable recommendations come from people you know. So we threw out the question to our fans on Facebook and Twitter, and they did not disappoint! Here are some of the highlights:
- Try a romantic horse drawn sleigh ride at the oldest restaurant in Michigan - the Historic White Horse Inn, in Metamora. Have a lovely dinner, and if you want to stay overnight, try one of the nearby bed and breakfasts!
- The Garland Lodge in Lewiston is offering a Valentine’s package, including meals, a bottle of wine, keepsake glasses, and complimentary tickets to the light show nearby.
- Stay at the gorgeous Grand Traverse Resort, and enjoy their special Valentine lodging and spa specials all month long!
- The Lexington Lansing Hotel has several specials for Valentine’s, including a romantic “indoor picnic” package.
- The Edgewater Inn in Charlevoix is a condominium style hotel with each room having their own kitchen or kitchenette, and living room, and some even have jacuzzis. They are offering winter discounts, so give them a call!
- Frankenmuth’s Bavarian Inn is a wonderful place to visit in the winter, and it includes an indoor water park! But since we are talking about romantic getaways, they haven’t forgotten those either, offering Valentine’s specials if you want to come just for dinner, or stay the night.
- In 2006, the Detroit Free Press named St. Joseph “Michigan’s Most Romantic City”. Check out the nearby bed & breakfasts or hotels.
- If you seek an outdoorsy, yet romantic weekend, try snowboarding and skiing at Boyne Mountain or Boyne Highlands. (It should be noted that nearby Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark was recently named the #3 Best Indoor Water Park in America!)
- Cara Calkins had an interesting recommendation as well. “Make it about him too! Dundee is home to Cabelas, where he’ll feel all the love, and don’t forget to book a jacuzzi room at the Holiday Inn Express located next door…”
If you’re looking for a B&B weekend, you can’t go wrong searching through the Michigan Lake to Lake Bed & Breakfast Association’s database.