Pure Michigan has been running ads on television, on the radio, and in print, both locally and nationally, for years. In that time, we have received a flood of emails and letters from our fans telling us what they would like to see in our ads. Some of you have suggested locations, sent photos, and even written entire scripts for us! Through these emails, and all of your contributions to our efforts, we realize that no one knows this state, and what makes it so special, more than you.
So, to kick off 2010, we are inviting all of you to create your own Pure Michigan advertisement. We are looking for video and print ads featuring what YOU want everyone to know about Michigan. Beginning in March, some of your ads will be featured on michigan.org, and here on Pure Michigan Connect.
Here’s how it works:
We will be taking submissions beginning today, through February 28, 2010. All submissions should be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Pure Michigan Ad”. The body of your email must contain the following:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address (if it’s different than the one you’re sending from)
- City and State
- Optional: Twitter ID (and your permission to promote your submission on Twitter)
- Optional: A picture of yourself
- A short bio – no more than a couple of sentences
- o Ex. Chris Boyle, member and former Vice President of the Tip of the Thumb Heritage Water Trail. Chris is currently paddling the entire trail compiling an inventory. He has completed ¾ of the trail as of this date. He also owns a kayak rental shop in Port Austin that services the trail.
For Video Ads:
- Upload your videos to YouTube, and send us the link (please don’t attach the video file to the email ).
- You can use any images, music, voiceovers, or footage that you want (as long as they aren’t stolen or obscene). If you are interested in the music from our official ads, it is the title theme song from the movie, “Cider House Rules”, and you can download it from Amazon . We can’t get you Tim Allen’s voice though – sorry!
- Need some inspiration? Check out all of our Pure Michigan television commercials on YouTube.
For Print Ads:
- Attach your print ads to your email – use a .jpg or .pdf format if you can.
- Like the videos, you are free to use any images and wording you like, as long as they aren’t stolen or obscene.
- To help fuel your creativity, we’ve created a stash of our print ads for you to comb through.
We won’t be able to respond to emails from that account, so if you have questions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll help you out the best we can.