For our team, traveling in Michigan isn’t just a job, it’s a passion. This week, we want to introduce you to four of our team members – the ones you are most likely to see in the news and out at events. And since it’s a new year, and time for new resolutions, it seemed only appropriate to find out what Pure Michigan things they have resolved to try in 2010.
First up is George Zimmermann. George is the vice president for Travel Michigan at the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. He live in Okemos with his wife, Carol, and Boots, the family dog. When he’s not working, George enjoys sailing and classic cars. Here are his 2010 Pure Michigan Resolutions:
- Attend the Michigan Elvisfest in Ypsilanti, an event that’s been on my list for years, but I have yet to experience.
- Kayak at least one new river or stream in Michigan.
- Get to the 2nd ArtPrize in Grand Rapids, after their phenomenal launch in 2009 (which I didn’t get to).
- Take another of the guided walking tours of downtown Detroit with the women from Inside Detroit, who know the city – its history and current happenings – better than anyone I’ve met.
- Improve my cross-country and downhill skiing (and by improve, I mean learn how to!).
If you’ve already done any of the things on George’s list, and have some tips or advice for him, leave a comment and let him know. We’ll be following up with him throughout the year to see how he’s doing on his resolutions.