Kirsten is the media relations manager for Travel Michigan/MEDC. She grew up in Ludington, and currently lives in East Lansing with her husband Joe and kids Kate (5) and Jack (1). When she’s not hard at work (which is very rarely!), her interests include travel, cooking and chasing two kids. This year, she wants to:
- Take more culinary classes, especially those focusing on cooking with Michigan products including morel mushroom, fresh Michigan peaches and blueberries.
- Learn to dog sled. I love being outside during the winter. As a family we go snowshoeing and cross country skiing. This winter we need to turn it up a notch and try our hand at dog sledding.
- Go on a Michigan beer tour. I’ve been on many of the wine tours in the Leelanau and Old Mission Peninsulas, this year I’m changing it up and going on a beer tour.
- Put my feet in 3 of the Great Lakes, in one day! This summer the family and I are heading to the Upper Peninsula where we can put our feet in the water (or swim) in Lake Michigan, Lake Huron and Lake Superior all in the same day.
- Take in a movie at the Capri Drive-In, one of Michigan’s drive-ins and a top-10 American Drive In.
If you tips or advice for Kirsten on any of her resolutions, please leave a comment and let her know! And remember, we would love to hear your Pure Michigan New Year’s resolutions – you can share them with us on our Facebook Fan Page, Twitter (using the hashtag #MIspy), or by leaving a comment below.