South-Central Michigan’s Coldwater Country, has many adventures waiting to be explored. From the arts to railroad excursions, countless antique shops to architectural gems, the outdoors and a plethora of festivals and events the area is bursting with things to see and do! Now travelers can find this information on the free Coldwater Country Travel App available on the iPhone App Store and Google Play.
Here’s a preview of 10 things you will find on the new Coldwater Country Travel App:
1. Find out what’s happening in the area with an up-to-date calendar of events, filled with upcoming and annual events like the Michigan’s Longest Antiques, Collectibles and Treasures Sale (August).
2. Ride the rails through December on Coldwater’s Little River Railroad historic train powered by steam locomotives.
3. Tee off at one of the nearly two dozen area golf courses.
4. Set sail on one of the more than 100 Lakes, including two chains of lakes. Boating, fishing, boat rentals, and map – all of the information is available on the app!
5. Catch a show at the Tibbits Opera House, including the Professional Summer Theatre productions.
6. What’s cookin’ – Whether you are looking for a well-known chain restaurant like Dickey’s BBQ, an old fashioned drive-in root beer stand like Short’s or a local favorite like El Cerrito Mexican, Coldwater Country is home to awesome eats.
7. Find out where the best molasses cookies, breads, rolls, and pies are at Coldwater Country’s Amish bakery.
8. Where to get a cold cocktail or enjoy a Michigan craft beer including favorite local watering holes like the Lamp Lighter Bar & Grill or J.T.’s Billiard’s Bar & Grill, or sit on the veranda overlooking the north chain of lakes at Willow’s Bar & Grill.
9. What’s showing at the Capri Drive-In, one of Michigan’s 10 remaining drive-ins, located along US-12 in Coldwater.
10. Where to stay – Coldwater Country offers major national chain hotels, like the Hampton Inn and Best Western Plus, to family-owned motels. Find out where to stay on the new travel app.
The app also gives users the ability to favorite, and share, a specific attraction, restaurant or other business, creating a personalized itinerary for the area. Go to Google Play or the iPhone App Store, search for Coldwater Country, and download the free app today. The app is available now for free download from the iPhone App Store or Google Play.
Debra Yee is the executive director at the Coldwater Country CVB, the destination marketing organization responsible for promoting south central Michigan. Download the free Coldwater Country app today, and follow Coldwater Country on Facebook at Coldwater Country Fun.