In honor of the Pure Michigan 400 and the Woodward Dream Cruise we asked our fans to share photos of cars on the Pure Michigan Facebook wall. We had so many great photos we wanted to share more than just one.
Take a look at the slide show below to see some great cars, both old and new, from around the state. Visit michigan.org for more information on car events going in Michigan.
Do you have a favorite classic car? Share with us in the comments below.
In honor of Leap Day (February 29th), we asked fans on our Facebook page what they would include on a list of 29 must-do activities in Michigan.
In no particular order, here are 29 of our favorite suggestions. Thanks to everyone who responded!
- “Go to Frankenmuth and visit Bronner’s, swim in Lake Michigan” – Robin Lynn Humble
- “Visit the Tulip Time Festival in Holland in May.” – Karen Zuverink Heyboer
- “Ride across Lake Michigan from Ludington to Wisconsin on the Badger!! Visit House of Flavors in Ludington!” – Becky Davis
- “Kayak across Lake Huron to Turnip Rock!!” – Autumn Richards
- “Traverse City, the bay, the wineries, cherry festival. Stay at the Cherry Tree Inn.” – Thomas Batzmarowsky
- “Sunrise side of the state! Visit the harbors in Lexington and Port Sanilac!” – Marianne Kern
- “Watch a U of M vs. MSU game, eat at Zingerman’s, and fall asleep on the lawn in the Diag. You can’t do that anywhere else in the world!!” – Lisa Robinson
- “Definitely….Tunnel of Trees just north of Petoskey! :)” – Donna Ryan-Shyrock
- “Make your own snowshoes at Ludington State Park.” – Kristi Kiki Dunigan
- “Visit Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. Visit any of our wonderful lighthouses. See Pictured Rocks and Tequamanon Falls. Visit Hartwick Pines.” – Ric Booth
- “Climb Sugarloaf Mountain near Marquette on a clear day, and take panoramic photos.” – Lisa Guenther
- “Definitely Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore!” – Ruth Snyder Wass
- “A short drive to Grosse Point Pier. Just beautiful on a sunny day!” – Brian Williams
- “Have a cinnamon roll at the Hilltop Restaurant in L’Anse! By the way, this “cinnamon roll” could feed a family of four…..hahaha” – Laurie Napp VanHorn
- “Driving on the M-22 Coast!” – Amy Kozlowski Murrin
- “Wade in every great lake. I have just one more to go! Lake Ontario!” – Amanda Marie Wilk Ames
- “4th of July fireworks show in Bay City. 50th anniversary this year…bigger and better show than ever before!” – Mike Metzler II
- “Frankenmuth and of course attend a Wings game!” – Jill Stern
- “Keweenaw Peninsula….breathe the cleanest, freshest air in Michigan.” – Christa Larson-Bazzi
- “Visit a Michigan winery — yum!” – Julie Dean Wingett
- “Go to the Ann Arbor Art Fair. A treat for all the senses.” – Felicity Gologram
- “Get your vote in at ArtPrize in Grand Rapids!” – Erin Barkel
- “Go to Charlevoix and listen to music in the park” – Noah Muszall
- “PLAY GOLF!!!!” – Jason Leonard
- “Attend the Woodward Dream Cruise.” – Nancy Perkins
- “Tahquamenon Falls! Hike there, snow shoe, ski, snowmobile. Whatever your pleasure you can do it all here in Paradise Michigan!!!” – Laurie Winkler
- “Bells Brewery in Kalamazoo!!” – Emily Ferenc Powell
- “Lake Michigan sunset.” – Tom Fischer
- “Go to Mackinac Island!!! My favorite place in the World!!!” – Susan Senn
Thousands of spectators thronged Woodward Ave in Southeast Michigan on August 20, 2011 for a peek at the classic cars of the Woodward Dream Cruise.
If you weren’t able to make it to the event in person to check out the scene, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with images from the day.
Which classic ride is your favorite?