THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE “MICHIGAN IN LOVE: PIN TO WIN” PURE MICHIGAN PINTEREST CONTEST.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT AFFECT OR IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. This sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sponsor: Michigan Economic Development Corporation, 300 North Washington Square, Lansing, Michigan 48913 (“Sponsor”). This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Pinterest.
3. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States (including Puerto Rico but excluding Guam and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions not otherwise mentioned herein) who are at least 21 years of age and the age of majority in their state or territory of primary residence as of the date of entry and who have a Pinterest account (no purchase or payment is necessary to sign up for a Pinterest account). Please note that Pinterest membership is not controlled and cannot be guaranteed by Sponsor. Sweepstakes is not open to employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, agents, members or representatives of Sponsor or of Sponsor’s advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and/or legal advisors, or their immediate family members (mother, father, brother, sister, daughter, son or spouse, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of any of the foregoing (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”).
4. To Enter: To enter, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Follow the Pure Michigan Pinterest account online. If you do not have a Pinterest account, click here to get started.
Step 2: Create a new Pinterest board titled “Michigan in Love: Pin to Win” under the category “Travel”.
Step 3: The board MUST contain at least 5 pins from the Pure Michigan boarded titled “Michigan in Love: Pin to Win” representing your perfect romantic vacation in Michigan. Each pin on your board must be tagged with #PureMichigan. Of those five (or more) pins, the board must also include the “Contest Announcement” graphic located on Pure Michigan’s “Michigan in Love: Pin to Win” Pinterest board. Additionally, one of the five (or more) pins must be one of the Buick vehicles that are included on Pure Michigan’s board.
Step 4: Once your board is complete, leave a comment and your email address (your email will only be used to contact you if you are a winner and will not be shared or sold to anyone) in the comment section of the michigan.org blog post announcing the contest and include a link to your “Michigan in Love: Pin to Win” Pinterest board.
Only one entry per person. Use of multiple email addresses or Pinterest accounts by the same individual to enter is prohibited and such multiple entries shall be voided. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Pinterest account of the entry, which the entrant will have the obligation to establish. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, or undelivered entries, including without limitation inability to access Sponsor’s or the entrant’s Pinterest board, or entries not timely received due to telephone failures, Internet or website failures and disruptions, and ISP problems. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of entry. All eligible entries carry an equal chance of winning.
5. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on February 14, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends February 28, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Selection of Winner: One winner will be randomly selected by the Sponsor on or around March 7, 2013 and the potential winner will be notified by a reply to their blog comment on the michigan.org blog and by a comment on their Pinterest board from Pure Michigan. If the potential winner forfeits a prize (see Section 9), an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries until a winner is determined. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants.
7. Prize: One winner will receive a Grand Hotel package, which includes:
a. 2-night stay at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan, valid through October 26, 2013, subject to availability and blackout dates.
b. Two (2) roundtrip airline flights from the 48 contiguous United States to any Michigan airport serviced by American Airlines. Airfare must be used by October 26, 2013 and used in conjunction with this contest.
c. Baggage handling fees for Grand Hotel
d. Touch of Romance Package upon arrival at Grand Hotel which includes Champagne, Fresh Fruit, Flowers, Cheese and Crackers, Grand Hotel fudge and a carriage ride to Woods Restaurant for one night.
e. Car rental compliments of Buick for three days. Vehicle, as selected by Buick, to be used in conjunction with this contest and can be picked up at any Michigan airport serviced by American Airlines.
Estimated prize retail value is $2,100. The prize is non-refundable and non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other special offer or promotion and must be accepted as awarded. Prize may not be exchanged for cash value or substituted, except as may be deemed necessary by Sponsor. Transportation within Mackinac Island is the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right where necessary to substitute other comparable prizes of substantially equal or greater value. Winners, by acceptance of any prize agree to be fully responsible for any liability related to or arising from their receipt or utilization of any prize awarded, including personal tax liability. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or prematurely conclude the contest for any reason. Applicable federal, state or local taxes and any other costs or expenses associated with the prize or the use or redemption thereof are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Sweepstakes is an independent promotion for consumers conducted by the Sponsor.
Travel Certificates for American Airlines are valid for travel only on American Airlines, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc. or the AmericanConnection® carrier (collectively referred to in this Exhibit B as “American Airlines”). American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carriers are regional airlines associated with American Airlines, Inc. American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or Executive Airlines, Inc., each of which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company of American Airlines. Travel Certificates are subject to availability of promotional inventories and current embargoed dates. Coach must be booked in "T" class, Business in "U" class and First in "Z" class. No open Travel Certificates are permitted. Embargoed dates may apply. Travel Certificates provided in this agreement cannot be bartered or sold for cash, or in lieu of cash payment. The AmericanConnection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc., an unaffiliated independent contractor. Travel is not valid on flights operated under a code sharing agreement with other air carriers. Travel must be via the most direct American Airlines routing. Unnecessary and circuitous routings, connecting points and/or segments are prohibited. Stopovers, except for the next connecting flight, are not permitted. American Airlines is not responsible for, and will not pay, expenses associated with transportation on other carriers, ground transporation, excess baggage charges or overnight lodging. Airfare can only be used for this promotion.
8. By participating, each entrant agrees to comply with these official rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of, the Sponsor or Pinterest web sites or any technical failure or malfunction, or any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or property.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY PRIZES WON, ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO OR USE OF SPONSOR’S WEB SITES OR THE PINTEREST WEBSITE, OR THE ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING OF ANY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON SPONSOR’S WEB SITES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
9. By accepting a prize in this Sweepstakes, each winner grants to Sponsor, where permitted by law, the right to use and publish (worldwide and via the Internet), in perpetuity, his or her name, city and state of residence, portrait, image, picture, voice, likeness and comments for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without any notification, opportunity to review, right of approval or additional consideration whatsoever provided to him or her. To receive a prize, each winner will be required to provide entrant’s full name, email address, birthdate, zip code, and link to their “Michigan in Love” Pinterest board. The winner may also be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, prepared at Sponsor’s cost and at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. A winner’s prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (selected by random drawing in accordance with Section 6) upon the occurrence of any of the following: (i) the failure of winner to confirm acceptance of the prize and return any required documents/information within seven (7) days of prize notification by Sponsor; (ii) the return of a prize or prize notification to Sponsor as non-deliverable; (iii) the determination by Sponsor that winner is ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these official rules; or the winner’s inability or refusal to provide such affidavits or releases as Sponsor may request in its sole and absolute discretion.
BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY SPONSOR AND ALL SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, AND HOLD SPONSOR AND ALL SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HARMLESS SPONSOR, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, AND LOSSES TO TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE PROPERTY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY.
10. Sponsor is not responsible for any changes or unavailability of any third-party service (including, but not limited to, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google and/or Google+) that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, restrictions or conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use such services for the Sweepstakes) or the ability or inability of any entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned because of circumstances including, but not limited to, website outages or interruptions on Sponsor’s or any third-party service provider’s website, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, which, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and determination of fairness, to cancel the Sweepstakes,
11. By registering to enter the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges he/she has read, understands and will abide by these official rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and/or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to the conflict of laws principles. In the event of any inconsistency between the full version of these official rules and any abbreviated rules, the version most beneficial for entrants shall prevail.