Rev Up for Trail Blazing
If you’re looking for an adrenalin rush, Michigan’s snowmobile trails offer seemingly endless possibilities. So, put on your helmet, rev up your sled, hold on tight and enjoy your Pure Michigan snowmobiling adventure.
Michigan is known by snowmobilers nationwide for its unique combination of abundant and dependable snow, exciting terrain and extensive trail network. Sledders can buzz the arteries of wide, straight trails for hundreds of miles. Or, advanced riders with GPS and map skills can take advantage of miles of ungroomed roads, slicing through forest for deep-powder riding and solitude of blazing their own trails.
Those interested in taking to the trails this winter will find the follow destinations offer great sledding opportunities and great area amenities for time off the trails:
- Boyne Mountain
- Drummond Island
- St. Ignace
- Evergreen Resort, formally McGuires
- Mecosta County
- Thunder Bay Resort
Many of the local outfitters around the state can help put together a convenient package with lodging, a sled, a guide, warm clothes and a helmet. For help locating a trail in the area of your next winter getaway, visit our snowmobile trails and rental links-- and swoosh away.
Below is a list of snowmobiling events and races taking place in Michigan in 2015. Contact the Michigan Snowmobile Association for details and specifics about any of the following upcoming events:
- International Snowmobile Safety Week, January 16-26
- Twisting Trails Annual Antique Vintage Classic Snowmobile Show, Swap, Race & Ride, January 17
- I-500 Snowmobile Race, Sault Ste. Marie, February 6-7
- The 7th Annual Take a Friend Snowmobiling Week, February 6-16
- MSA Annual Ride-In, Kewadin Casino, Sault Ste. Marie, February 13-16
- Clean Snowmobile Challenge, Keweenaw Research Center, Houghton, March 2-7
- MSA Groomer Work Shop, Kewadin Casino, Sault Ste. Marie, March 6-7
- Veterans Snowmobile Ride, Seney, March 14
Bookmark the following snowmobile resources to help plan your next Pure Michigan snowmobile adventure:
So, point your snowmobile down a trail in Michigan, rev it up--and get ready for an accelerating experience and make plans to share the experience of a Michigan snowmobiling vacation with your family and friends.