Springtime in Michigan Sizzles
From blooming flowers and longer days to countless rounds of golf, bike rides, and leisurely walks spring means something special to everyone. And while the cold weather might be sticking around for now, warm weather is on the horizon and Michigan promises a plethora of exciting things to see and do.
Last year, we asked our fan to share what they like about springtime in Michigan. Below is a roundup of just some of our favorite springtime pleasure from a few of our Pure Michigan social media fans.
"Opening my windows and letting Old Man Winter out. Cleaning off the patio furniture, planting some veggies and flowers. taking walks without freezing my toes off."
"Spring brings the promise of new life, birds returning, and the hope of sunny days at Lake Michigans beaches to come!
"Good festivals and great beaches
"Getting out and biking and going up north to see family at the lake...
"Smell of lilacs... Many shades of green as trees bud, looking for wildflowers popping up on my woodland walk, warm breezes blowing in my face
Spring in Pure Michigan? Memories. Sunshine. Camping. Late nights. Warm sun. Pretty flowers. Taking walks in the park and so much more!
We want to help your next Pure Michigan spring getaway with some fun and exciting excursions. Check out these ten great Michigan spring fling activities:
- CHARTER a walleye fishing trip in Saginaw Bay.
- HUNT for morel mushrooms at National Morel Mushroom Festival in Boyne County.
- TIPTOE through tulips and watch klompen dancing at Hollands Tulip Time Festival.
- GO fishing in the western UPs Ottawa National Forest near Watersmeet.
- BIRD-WATCH more than 300 species at Tawas Point State Park.
- PADDLE the Au Sable River from Borchers Canoe Livery & Bed and Breakfast in Grayling.
- HIT THE ROAD discover the people, culture and nature along the US-12 Heritage Trail.
- MOTOR over to the Gilmore Car Museum, sheltered in barns in Hickory Corners.
- BUY FRESH--local foods at Detroits Eastern Market, an institution since 1891.
- GET TO THE POINT--of the UPs Stonington Peninsula for lilacs, butterflies, a lighthouse and more.
For more ways to enjoy warm days in Michigan with tips for lighthouse tours, city pleasures, outdoor museums, wineries, microbreweries, beaches, boating, water sports, golf, fishing and so much more, visit our warm weather resource page.