Engine House 5 was originally constructed on the corner of Leonard and Monroe in downtown Grand Rapids in 1880. On her 100th birthday she was slated for demolition. A deal was made with the city and Engine House 5 was dismantled brick by brick and relocated to her current location in Allendale Michigan where she has served as a fire history museum since 1984. Check website for times open. Admission charge, children under 12 free.