The oldest operating lighthouse in the Great Lakes established in 1825 and rebuilt in 1829 and 1861, was the first lighthouse on Lake Huron and is the oldest surviving lighthouse in Michigan. It helps keep watch over Lake Huron at the entrance to the St. Clair River. The 86 ft light stands above the lake level in a conical stone tower, overlaid with red brick that has been painted white. The keeper's cottage and fog whistle house are red. Tower climbs and tours are available during business hours, weather permitting. Must wear closed-toe shoes. See the Port Huron Museum website for information on group overnights in the restored Duplex building for 20+ people!