The building was constructed in the heart of Ludington's Downtown by the Independent Order of the Odd Fellows in 1889, and represents the beauty, craftsmanship and architectural integrity of its time. It has retained many original features throughout exterior and interior that speak to its historic use as a Lodge Hall and theater for the community. In addition to the building being a quality example of Richardsonian Romanesque architecture, its use as a place of congregation for both organizational meeting and family recreation has made this building a part of the culture and social history of the Ludington area. In 2011, the entire building underwent extensive renovation according to SHPO standards to restore the exterior of the building close to its original architecture. The first floor commercial space retains the 1940's elements of the historic Center Theater - the ticket booth, stage, maple flooring and restrooms of the are still present and restored. In August 2011, the first floor opened as A.M. Galleries, offering fine art, custom framing and special event rentals. Preserving Michigan's History: The renovation of the exterior of the IOOF now features salvaged brick from the demolished Morrill Hall at Michigan State University and a door that lead to the original Capitol Library from Michigan’s State Capitol Building. Come visit this beautifully preserved building in Downtown Ludington!
115 West Ludington Avenue
Ludington, MI 49431
Conquer your holiday shopping with Pure MichiganMore
Join 500,000 other
people who receive the free Pure Michigan e-newsletter.
Get the Official
© 2016 Michigan Economic Development Corporation
300 N. Washington Sq., Lansing, MI 48913
(888) 78-GREAT | (888) 784-7328