Opulent, antebellum-style, 45 room, 13,000 sq. ft. mansion built in 1908 for copper mine owner Thomas Hoatson Jr. This inn with ten bedrooms with private baths, whirlpool suites, and a fireplace and private balcony suite. Columned wrap-around tiled porch, library, den and parlor. Full buffet breakfast. Tours daily of the mansion from 11am to 5pm feature hand painted murals, antiques, silver leaf covered ceiling, elephant-leather wall coverings, the more traditional marble, oak, tiled fireplaces and 1300 sq. ft. ballroom. Self guided mansion tours. Daily from 11 am - 5 pm.
320 Tamarack Street
Laurium, MI 49913
Reservations: (906) 231-7710
Phone: (906) 337-2549
Information on activities to do in winter.More
Join 500,000 other
people who receive the free Pure Michigan e-newsletter.
Get the Official
© 2014 Michigan Economic Development Corporation
300 N. Washington Sq., Lansing, MI 48913
(888) 78-GREAT | (888) 784-7328