Established in 1953, the market welcomes more than 300,000 visitors annually. The venue is a mainstay for providing grower-direct fresh produce and flowers to county residents and visitors. During the main season, the market is operated as a producer-direct venue, requiring all vendors to grow or produce the goods they sell. The 14-acre market site consists of a 7,453-square-foot building with 38 indoor stalls, 32 outdoor stalls under a canopy, 20 non-sheltered stalls, parking for 268 vehicles, an orchard and adjacent woodlot. Not all vendors participate in the market year-round; many are seasonal. From November - April, vendors are allowed to sell limited non-producer products, as approved by the market manager.