On the banks of the Tittabawassee river in Sanford Michigan sits the Sanford Centennial Museum a village like complex. The Riverside School (1910) serves as the main indoor museum which host a number of exhibits, saloon, flag room, dentist office, doctor office, early parlor and kitchen display, radio/early electronic room, and more. Plus there are a number of authentic restored late 1800's/early 1900's buildings on site such as Log Cabin, Olson Store, Train Depot, Felix School, Jerome Township Hall, Clare Bailey Chapel, plus other attractions include Veterans Memorial, full size train with two caboose, box car and switch engine, Big Wheel Log Hauler, Farm implement display, covered bridge, black smith ship, stump puller and beautiful peaceful grounds. The museum is open Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 1-5pm from Memorial Day thru the annual Founders Day Celebration event which is the first weekend after Labor Day. There are a number of special events throughout the year go to website for more information on these and the museum. The museum is always free and parking is free. The museum is owned and operated by the Sanford Historical Society which is an all volunteer nonprofit 501c3 organization. Visitors are welcome to tour the grounds anytime.