The Straight Farmhouse, c.1866, now the home of the Garden City Historical Museum, the Lathers General Store, and the Grande Parlour. The property was purchased in 2004 by the Friends of the Garden City Historical Museum to create a new home for our city's Museum, previously located in the Log Cabin in Garden City Park at Cherry Hill and Merriman. Due to deterioration of the building, the collection had to be moved in order to preserve it for the future. The Lathers General Store is a replica of the original, built on Ann Arbor Trail in Nankin Township, also serving as the Post Office and whose Postmaster was Oscar Straight in the 1860's. The Grande Parlour is our rental facility for various kinds of events, helping to provide financial support for the entire property. Our Museum's collection features our city's heritage, pioneers, residents, and businesses and welcomes all visitors, including school groups, Boy and Girl Scouts, Red Hat Ladies, senior citizens and especially -- volunteers! Admission is free but donations are greatly appreciated. We are open Wednesdays and Saturdays, noon to 3pm, and are available for special appointments. Do plan to visit us!!