A silent and majestic sentinel, the Waugoshance Lighthouse marks the western entrance to the Straits of Mackinac. This treacherous area of Lake Michigan was the location of the first Lightship, stationed on Waugoshance Shoal in 1832. It was used to help guide the many ships through the area, now known as Wilderness State Park. After nineteen years of service, in 1851, the Lighthouse Board decided to replace the Lightship with the present Lighthouse.
P.O. Box 1061
Mackinaw City, MI 49701
Reservations: (906) 250-5097
With over 150 breweries and brewpubs across the state, Michigan has the perfect pour for those looking to expand their horizons and savor every sip.
Join 500,000 other
people who receive the free Pure Michigan e-newsletter. View the Current Issue
Get the Official
© 2016 Michigan Economic Development Corporation
300 N. Washington Sq., Lansing, MI 48913
(888) 78-GREAT | (888) 784-7328