Things to Do in Birch Run: The Ultimate Pure Michigan Guide
When you think of Birch Run, chances are, you might also think of Birch Run Premium Outlets - and with good reason (or 145 good reasons, see below). But, Birch Run has much more than a shopping mecca alone!
A chance to explore a 56-acre zoo, an opportunity to recline and relax (and enjoy a cocktail, if you please) at the theatre, an adventure park with go-karts and mini-golf? Let this guide open your eyes to all the options while leading you through the must-dos during your Great Lakes Bay vacation in Birch Run!
1. Shop the Birch Run Premium Outlets
With 145 name brand outlet stores offering daily discounts of up to 65% off gotta-have-em items at Coach, Nike, Ann Klein, Pottery Barn, Banana Republic, The North Face and more, plan to enjoy the outdoor shopping extravaganza that is Birch Run Premium Outlets! (Psst: Want to know who's offering which deals when and secure even further savings? Become a VIP here before you shop!)
2. Bounce with the Kids at Spring Break Family Fun CenterIf wee ones are along on your getaway to Birch Run, be sure to check out the 9,000-square-foot Spring Break Family Fun Center. Kids ages 10 and younger will love running, jumping, climbing, and bouncing through every inch of this indoor play zone filled with giant inflatable play structures!
3. Wander the Wilderness Trails ZooWith more than 200 animals and 50 different exotic species, wander the Wilderness Trails Zoo and wave hello to the zebras, lions, reptiles, and parrots (and get hands-on at the petting area and parakeet encounter)!
4. Race to the Finish at Birch Run Speedway and Event Center
Get in on high-powered racing action at Birch Run Speedway and Event Center, and be ready for rip-roaring fun with main events, trailer and bus races on the figure-8, and Eve of Destruction nights at this premier short track of the Midwest!
5. Attend an Event at Frankenmuth Credit Union Event CenterFrom Mom-2-Mom swap meets to food truck festivals, a circus or even a comedy show, be sure to check for upcoming Birch Run events at Frankenmuth Credit Union Event Center. Here, you'll add trade shows, professional sporting competitions, concerts, and expos of all kinds to your getaway in Birch Run!
6. Dine at Tony's I-75 Restaurant
When looking for restaurants in Birch Run, options are ample. But, don't leave without visiting Tony's I-75 Restaurant! Home to the infamous "One Pound BLT," be ready for the huge (okay, enormous) portions this restaurant is known for, and top it all off with the mile-high banana split if you have any room!
7. Watch a Movie in Style at Emagine Birch RunEnjoy a movie in style at this Michigan movie palace: Emagine Birch Run. Featuring 10 stadium-seating auditoriums with luxurious, reclining seats featuring full backs and foot rests (and even D-Box Seats, or motion seats, exclusively available for select films), enjoy digital sound and a full-service theatre bar, including cocktail selections to complement your snacks.
8. Go on a Family Adventure at Alpine Mountain
Choose between go-kart fun, bumper boats, bank-shot basketball, two 18-hole mini-golf courses, arcade options, refreshments and ice cream at Alpine Mountain, or enjoy them all and live it up while on your getaway in Birch Run!
9. Have a Picnic at the ParkPick up goods at Victor & Merek's Deli Bakery & Pizzeria and enjoy quality time together on the playground and at the picnic area in Birch Run Township Park.
Whether combing the deals at Birch Run Premium Outlets or lounging around pools and hot tubs at these Birch Run hotels, enjoy every moment of your Great Lakes Bay vacation in Birch Run.
About the Author: Jen W. O'Deay is a writer and small business owner in Saginaw. You can find Jen reading, always, camping with her family, or at: www.feelthesewords.com