6 Reasons to Make Central Michigan this Summer’s Golf Getaway Destination
Michigan is quickly becoming known as America’s summer golf capital, with courses and programs growing bigger and better with each passing season. Across the state you’ll find championship courses forged from the states beautiful landscapes and decorated with miles of natural forests, rivers, and breathtaking shore lines. With an entire state of amazing golf possibilities, how do you choose where to start when planning your summer golf trips? Megan Molloy from Michigan’s Central Swing shares why Central Michigan should be your next golf getaway destination!
1. Location, location, location: One aspect that makes for a great golf trip is heading somewhere that’s easy to get to for everyone in your group and doesn’t require extensive travel time. Michigan’s Central Swing golf program is run out of Mt. Pleasant, which is just about two hours from anywhere in the state, not to mention an easy drive from surrounding states and even Canada. Not only is it easy to get here, but once you’re here, all of our courses are within 30 minutes of Mt. Pleasant. Being centrally located in the state, you can spend more time golfing and less time traveling.
2. Course variety: Sometimes it can be difficult to find a course or courses that fit everyone’s needs and skill sets. Whether you’re looking for classic layouts, championship challenges, or a weekend oasis of golf, Michigan’s Central Swing has it all. The Central Michigan area offers 11 different courses, including Bucks Run, PohlCat, The Pines, Eagle Glen, and even the Mt. Pleasant Country Club. With so many options, it’s never been easier to plan something for everyone.
3. Lodging variety: Like our courses, Michigan’s Central Swing offers a wide range of lodging options. Our 12 properties range from resort style villas to charming bed and breakfasts and luxurious hotels. These properties offer amazing amenities ranging from breakfast and dinner service, pools, fitness facilities, casino shuttles and more!
4. Customizable packages: There are few things in this life that are more frustrating than trying to plan and coordinate a trip. Michigan’s Central Swing takes hassle out of planning your golf getaway so you can get back to practicing your swing. All you have to do is call or visit our website to request a quote. Tell us where you want to stay and play and we take care of the rest. Plus you can take advantage of discounts for customer appreciation weeks, returning golfers, and groups of 16 or more.
5. Golf with a twist: Central Michigan doesn’t just offer great classic courses, the area also offers a number of variations on the sport. While in the area, you can try your hand, or foot I should say, at the new, fun sport called FootGolf. Riverwood Resort offers a section of their course to be used for FootGolf, a game in which you kick a soccer ball down the fairway instead of driving a golf ball. You can also be a kid again at the area’s Golf Center putt-putt course or really practice your putting game on Bucks Run’s 18-hole natural grass putting course. Even in the winter months you can still keep your game strong at Bucks Run’s virtual golf simulator as well.
6. More than just golf: After a long day on the course try your luck at Soaring Eagle Casino or visit one of the area’s many bars and restaurants. Enjoy a fantastic night life in this Midwestern college town created by a combination of great local bars, unique dining, gaming options, and world class performances. No matter what your group’s interests, there’s something fun for everyone to discover! Use this website to plan your perfect Mt. Pleasant day!
Megan Molloy is a graduate of Central Michigan University with a degree in English and Media Design and now works at the Mt. Pleasant Area Convention and Visitors Bureau as their Digital Marketing Coordinator. She is a native of Metro Detroit, loves drawing, good food, snowboarding, and of course anything Michigan made! Check out her Facebook page and website!