A sunny, carefree Michigan Summer is still shining on us. Now's the time to dip, dive, and drink in all that our Michigan waters have to offer during this playful season! Breathtaking scenery, boating excursions and water-soaked adventures are all yours for the taking. And you really can experience never-ending summer fun when you wade into the waters of Michigan, right here in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
Set Your Sights on Sails
No doubt you're bound for an unforgettable experience when you board Bay Sail's Appledore IV Tall Ship Schooner for a sail along Lake Huron's Saginaw Bay.
- Dinner Sails: Sunsets, sails and fully catered three-course dinners
- Stargazer & Moonlight Dinner Sails: Learn to navigate by the stars and enjoy the beautiful night sky under sail alongside local astronomers.
- Family Ecology Sails: Afternoons of hands-on experience and family-friendly science fun.
- Fall Color Tour Sails: Two-hour cruises, glorious colors, hot cider, chili and cornbread and cozy quilts!
Boogie 'N Boat
Fair warning: Cruising the Saginaw River aboard Bay City Boat Lines' converted car ferries may result in wind in your hair, smiles and laughter, and Friday evenings spent dancing the night away... all while aboard Dinner and Entertainment Cruises on the Princess Wenonah!
- Onboard Dinner Buffet: Catered by a local favorite, Atrium Restaurant (prepare to visit their downtown Bay City location time and again after the cruise!)
- Entertainment Cruises: Sail and swoon to the sounds of live music! Check out the full lineup of entertainment cruises here.
Step aboard the custom-built, shallow draft boats of Johnny Panther Quest Adventure Tours, and prepare to experience 18,000 acres of wetlands, rivers, creeks and bayous of the Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge (the "Everglades of Michigan" as Panther Quests calls it)! Explore your boat outing options here, then contact Johnny Panther Quest Adventure Tours to book your excursion today!
- Scholar Trips: Leisurely outings, focusing on ecology, history and wildlife.
- Marathon Trips: More active, including paddling and portaging.
- Fall Color Tours: 2-3 hour scenic cruises from mid-September - October
- Insider Tips: Check out more insider tips for Spring Boating Adventures and Fall Color Tours from Johnny Panther himself (JPQAT Owner, Wil Hufton III) on the Go Great Blog!
Kayaks are most-often boats made for one, but no one ever said you have to float the waters of Michigan alone (unless, of course, you want to)! Ike's Mobile Kayak Rentals offers group guided and on-your-own tours in sturdy, 12-foot sit-on or sit-in kayaks (single and tandem).
- Ike's offers many group kayaking tours including Sunset Paddle Tours, Ladies' Tours and Fall Color Tours, to name a few.
- Single Kayak Rates and Tandem Rates differ very slightly.
- Group rates are available, along with longer (and even overnight) excursions!
Frankenmuth is a memorable gem in its own right, but enjoying the beauty of the Cass River aboard a 12-passenger electric boat ups the ante! For the ultimate experience, board Frankenmuth Fun Ships' own Wine & Chocolate Tasting Cruise.
- An intimate 1-hour cruise along the scenic Cass River, led by a friendly local who can point out all the finer points of Michigan's Little Bavaria.
- Five wine samples, paired with five handmade chocolates (we love the Dark Chocolate Caramel Chew with Sea Salt!)
- A full glass of wine to follow up your five wine sample tastes
- Reservations are recommended, but not required.
Still not feeling waterlogged enough? Check out these other ways to enjoy waterfront recreation when you Go Great Lakes Bay, and be sure to book your overnight stay so you can recoup after a long day of stretching out your never-ending summer across the waters of Michigan.