Rose City is located on M-33 in northern Ogemaw County. This town began in 1875 when Allen S. Rose moved here from New York and built a general store. The town was originally named Churchill, until 1892 when the railroad came through and it was renamed Rose City. It was incorporated into a city in 1905. This city has survived over the years as a result of tourism and its location to so many lakes and streams in the scenic surrounding area, including Houghton Creek, which runs through town. It is also supported by several small businesses and manufacturing facilities, including plastics, machinery and auto parts production.

{{pageTitle}}

No results in this area. Try moving the map or selecting a different category filter to find more results.
{{item.properties.renderedContent}}
← Back to Map
Show List
Showing results {{range.limit * range.page + 1}} - {{range.limit * range.page + geojson.data.features.length}}