The Charlevoix South Pier Light is located on the west end of the south pier in Charlevoix Michigan. It has a skeletal base and a pyramidal steel tower. The first light in this area to be installed was on the north pier in 1885 and was made of wood. The wooden light was moved to the south pier in 1914, and the new steel light replaced the wooden one in 1948. The light is still an active aid to navigation on Lake Michigan. The pier is open to the public, but the light itself is not. Access to this light is by car.
Grant Street (DNR Office )
Charlevoix, MI 49720
Phone: (231) 547-0373
Information on color tours, color map and more fall activitiesMore
Join 500,000 other
people who receive the free Pure Michigan e-newsletter.
Get the Official
© 2014 Michigan Economic Development Corporation
300 N. Washington Sq., Lansing, MI 48913
(888) 78-GREAT | (888) 784-7328