The Pines Theatre was completed in 1941, since then well over two million patrons come through the doors. Famous Architect C. Howard Crane of the Kellogg and Crane firm designed The Pines in a hunter's chalet style. C. Howard Crane designed the Fox Theatre in Detroit, along with many other Michigan theatres. Sieter Brothers Construction handled the construction of the theatre, along with helping on the 1973 restoration work. The exterior resembles a large log cabin but with a small marquee. The lobby, with its 4o-foot log cathedral ceiling, doubles as "the trophy room," where some 100 stuffed animals from all over the United States are on display. The auditorium, complete with crying room, also has a log-beamed ceiling, and two original murals on either side of the screen.