The St. Francis Solanus Indian Mission Chuch on West Lake Street was the first Catholic Church in Petoskey built in 1859 at the request of Bishop Fredrick Baraga (the Snowshoe Priest). It is the oldest building in Petoskey. Its restoration was completed in 2008. A Mass is celebrated annually on July 14th and tours are given on select Sundays "in season". It is on the State and National Registry of Historical Places.