The 1847 historical mill at Wolcott Mill Metropark offers a glimpse of bygone times through its complete grain grinding machinery, exhibits, special events and programs. In 2010 the mill was named to the National Register of Historic Places through the National Park Service, Department of Interior. The historical center's interpreters create a friendly atmosphere to gain a better understanding of Michigan's heritage through experiences and hands on opportunities. The mill is located in the 2,380 acre park which also offers a golf course and a farm center with a 3,600 square foot farmhouse, modern comfort station, three barns, a chicken coop, two outdoor pavilions, and plenty of space for walking/hiking. Wolcott Mill golf course is a 6,266 yard, par-72 course and is a certified member of the Turfgrass Environmental Stewardship Program.