Sherwood

The village of Sherwood was founded in the early 1830’s by Alexander Tomilson who moved here from Sherwood Forest, England. In 1878, the village was incorporated as the town of Hazenville. It boasted a hotel and several retail stores, including a grocery and a pharmacy. The first brick schoolhouse was built in 1876 and still stands, serving as the local Masonic Lodge. One notable fact is that Sherwood contains the Oldest Free Methodist Church in Michigan.

{{pageTitle}}

No results in this area. Try moving the map or selecting a different category filter to find more results.
{{item.properties.renderedContent}}
← Back to Map
Show List
Showing results {{range.limit * range.page + 1}} - {{range.limit * range.page + geojson.data.features.length}}