Recognized as Southwestern Michigan’s largest public art museum, the Buchanan Museum of Fine Art is focused exclusively on the conservation, preservation and exhibition of historic works of American and European art. Underwritten by private investment and the volunteer efforts of the citizens Southwestern Michigan, the Buchanan Museum Collection is housed in the nationally recognized Collins & Weaver Opera House (circa 1867). Historically, the Buchanan “Opera House” served as a cultural center to Southwestern Michigan, with music, theatre, lectures, political caucuses, socials and graduations held on premises. Notably, this historic site also served some of the first motion picture showings held in the early 20th Century. The Buchanan Museum of Fine Art is proud to continue with its heritage, with ongoing contributions to art education through the exhibition historic works of fine art. The Buchanan Museum is a proud member of the Michigan Museums Association and is open to the General Public. Admission is free of charge. Open Weekends from 1 to 7 pm.