A wood log cabin constructed by Alsace emigrants John and Elizabeth Eby and family, in 1859. Originally located in Raisinville township, the cabin was home to the parents, children, and grown sons and their children until passing out of the family in the 1900's. The Doederlein family owned the cabin for many years until it was finally outdated and abandoned and finally purchased by the Monroe County Historical Society. The Society moved the building to the Monroe County Fairgrounds in the 1960's on South Custer Road and renovated it as a pioneer cabin to serve as a fair attraction. Furnished as an exhibit with historic artifacts, it is hosted by volunteer groups to thousands of fair visitors when open during Fair Week. Call for times open.
Monroe County Fairgrounds
Monroe, MI 48161
Phone: (734) 240-7780
Combine Coca-Cola® with a Pure Michigan dream vacation to Traverse CityMore
Join 500,000 other
people who receive the free Pure Michigan e-newsletter.
Get the Official
© 2014 Michigan Economic Development Corporation
300 N. Washington Sq., Lansing, MI 48913
(888) 78-GREAT | (888) 784-7328