Pine Grove was the estate of one of Michigan's pre-Civil War governors, Moses Wisner. The Wisner Historical House which dominates the grounds of Pine Grove was built in 1845 in the Greek Revival basilica style. Wisner redecorated the house in 1859 when he became governor and conducted much of the state's business here. In addition to the house, Pine Grove has a root cellar, smokehouse and one room schoolhouse. All illustrate 19th century rural life.