The War Memorial provides educational, cultural, civic and patriotic programs through its services and facilities to enrich the lives of the community. Housed on the shores of Lake St. Clair, the Grosse Pointe War Memorial offers enrichment programs to residents of all ages from lectures, classes, trips, luncheons and concerts to science camps for children, ballet and theatre classes and performances and special holiday events. Built in 1910 following Italian Renaissance style, the main building was the former home of the Russell Alger family and is now known as The Alger House, a state and nationally designated historic site. Two additions have expanded the facilities: the William Fries Auditorium and Crystal Ballroom, dedicated in 1972, and the Center for Arts and Communications, completed in 1993.
32 Lake Shore Drive
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236
Phone: (313) 881-7511
Fax: (313) 881-6638
Information on color tours, color map and more fall activitiesMore
Join 500,000 other
people who receive the free Pure Michigan e-newsletter.
Get the Official
© 2014 Michigan Economic Development Corporation
300 N. Washington Sq., Lansing, MI 48913
(888) 78-GREAT | (888) 784-7328