Once known to the world as the site of Dr. John Harvey Kellogg's Battle Creek Sanitarium (1903-1942), this famous building served the U.S. Army as Percy Jones Army Hospital (1942-1953) during WWII and the Korean War. Since that time, it has been the home to Civil Defense and a number of vitally important federal government agencies. In celebration of its first "Century of Service," the GSA owned property was named for Senators Phillip Hart, Robert Dole, and Daniel Inouye, as all three individuals were patients at Percy Jones Army Hospital during WWII. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places due to its importance in the field of medical science. Tours are available 9am- 3pm except weekends and holidays on a limited basis only by calling for reservations at least one week in advance There is no admission charge, but since the building is a federal property, photographic identification is required for everyone entering the building.
74 Washington Ave N
Battle Creek, MI 49037
Reservations: (269) 961-7015
Phone: (269) 961-7015
Fax: (269) 961-7410
Information on warm weather activitieMore
Join 500,000 other
people who receive the free Pure Michigan e-newsletter.
Get the Official
© 2014 Michigan Economic Development Corporation
300 N. Washington Sq., Lansing, MI 48913
(888) 78-GREAT | (888) 784-7328