The museum is in an 1892 original Lewiston home. It was occupied by David Kneeland, Manager of the Michelson & Hanson Lumber Company, and his family from 1892 - 1910. When the mill closed he sold the dwelling to George & Martha Sachs for $425. The Sachs family's occupancy spanned 85 years. Our collections and displays reflect the evolvement from an Indian village, pioneering, logging, milling, plating the village of Lewiston in 1891, building Twin Lakes Branch Rail Line of Michigan Central between Grayling & Lewiston, and farming to tourism. Due to our efforts, the Civilian Conservation Corps Camp Lunden was designated as a state historic site in 1994 Water for the CCC replica of the Great Lakes is currently provided by a Patron of our Historical Society. The site is located 6 miles east of Lewiston on County Road 612. Also on the museum ground is a Veteran's Memorial dedicated in 2001. A new storage barn was built in 2004 to house a collection that was generously donated to our museum. A must see for all!