Built in 1850 on an island at the eastern tip of the Keweenaw Peninsula, this is the oldest iron skeletal light tower on the Great Lakes. This was a particularly difficult post, isolated and very exposed. Keepers seldom served more than three years.
Copper Harbor, MI 49918
Phone: (906) 337-4579
Check out this weeks peak color reportMore
Join 500,000 other
people who receive the free Pure Michigan e-newsletter.
Get the Official
© 2016 Michigan Economic Development Corporation
300 N. Washington Sq., Lansing, MI 48913
(888) 78-GREAT | (888) 784-7328