The Depot was constructed in 1892 and was active during the iron mining boom days of the Gogebic Range which ended in 1966. The beautiful structure is built of Lake Superior sandstone and red-brick in Richardson Romanesque style.
This magnificantly restored C&NW (Chicago & NorthWestern) Railway Depot is now a museum featuring iron mining displays, railroad memorabilia, Ironwood communities and culture and region historical artifacts.
MAKING HISTORY MATTER.
150 N. Lowell Street
Ironwood, MI 49938
Phone: (906) 932-0287
Visit Ironwood Page on michigan.org
With over 150 breweries and brewpubs across the state, Michigan has the perfect pour for those looking to expand their horizons and savor every sip.
Join 500,000 other
people who receive the free Pure Michigan e-newsletter. View the Current Issue
Get the Official
© 2016 Michigan Economic Development Corporation
300 N. Washington Sq., Lansing, MI 48913
(888) 78-GREAT | (888) 784-7328