Built in 1870, this light is now maintained by Peninsula Township and short-term keepers are allowed to live in the lighthouse. It is half way between the North Pole and the Equator exactly on the 45th parallel. It was decommissioned in 1933. Hours are 10am to 5pm, daily, May - October and weekends only November. Park, beach and trails always open. Self-guided tours are available seven days a week from which includes access to the tower. To confirm these times call first. Available at no charge is the Hessler Log Cabin, a restored turn of the century log cabin on the lighthouse grounds. Adults - $4, Children - $2, Children five and under - free. Grounds open, dwelling/tower open in season.