This conical brick light tower was originally built in 1895 at a cost of $18,500, it stands at 78'9". It produces a lens focal plane 80' above the mean low water level of Lake Michigan. The tower is surmounted by a 10-sided cast iron lantern. The lantern originally held a third order Fresnal lens, but is now fitted with a modern airport beacon lens. Tower tours are available and visitors are welcome to enjoy the surrounding grounds, which includes a picnic area, walking paths, and public boat launch.
905 S Seul Choix Pointe Road
Gulliver, MI 49840
Phone: (906) 283-3183
Fax: (906) 283-3344
An interview with The Voice of Pure Michigan, Tim Allen.
Join 500,000 other
people who receive the free Pure Michigan e-newsletter.
Get the Official
© 2016 Michigan Economic Development Corporation
300 N. Washington Sq., Lansing, MI 48913
(888) 78-GREAT | (888) 784-7328