St. Bernard Catholic Church

St. Bernard Catholic Church

In 1861, Bishop Frederic Baraga (1797-1868) came from Sault Ste Marie to Alpena where he founded a catholic church, it did not have a resident pastor until 1966 when it was named for St. Bernard, the foundation of the stone structure was laid in 1880, this structure completed by the Irish in 1884. It houses the oldest catholic parish between Bay City and Cheboygan.

Contact Information

Address

322 West Chisholm

Alpena, MI 49707

Driving Directions

Phone: (989) 354-2676

Location of St. Bernard Catholic Church

Map of Michigan