Huron Island Lighthouse
The Huron Island Lighthouse, constructed in 1868, still stands today atop Huron Island, the second largest island of the Huron Islands chain in southern Lake Superior. The lighthouse was built to guide vessel traffic between Marquette and Pequaming, and between the L'Anse/Baraga and Houghton/Hancock ports via the Portage entry in the state of Michigan. The lighthouse is approximately three miles north of Huron Point and the Huron Mountains, some twenty miles east of the Keweenaw Peninsula. No public access to the islands is available at this time.
|Season(s) of Operation||