John C. Blanchard House
The John C. Blanchard House, home of the Ionia County Historical Society and Ionia County Museum, is a fine example of 1880's Italianate architecture. This beautiful mansion is situated on a full acre lot in the heart of Ionia's Historic District. John C. Blanchard was an early resident of Ionia, a prosperous capitalist, lawyer and politician. The house exterior is Ionia variegated sandstone quarried locally.
The house and museum are open for public tours on Sunday afternoon between Memorial Day and Labor Day, as well as the month of December. Tours of the house and museum can also be arranged at other times - we welcome groups! The house is also available to rent for special occasions.
|Season(s) of Operation