Sturgeon Point Lighthouse
Sturgeon Point Lighthouse is located five miles north of Harrisville on Lake Huron and was completed in November 1870. The tower is 70 feet, 9 inches tall and is 16 feet in diameter at its base. The light is 3.5 order Fresnel lens made in Paris, France. The light is still maintained by the U.S. Coast Guard. The keeper's house is now a maritime museum which is open to the public from Memorial Day to mid-September. The lighthouse tower is open to the public. The grounds are open all year.
|Season(s) of Operation