In 1837, Jonas H. Titus platted Milwaukie City at the mouth of a small stream which he named Milwaukie Creek. The plat was not recorded, and it remained a paper city until lumberman B. C. Farrand had the village replatted by David Ward in August, 1853, and recorded it as Lakeport on August 30, 1858. Mr. Farrand named it from its nearness to Lake Huron. Lying along Lake Huron, Lakeport State Park provides Southeast Michigan residents access to the Great Lakes. The park has two distinct units separated by the Village of Lakeport. A total of 250 sites are divided between the two campgrounds. All sites have a picnic table, fire circle, electricity, modern toilet/shower buildings along with several pull-through sites and camp pads for ease of leveling campers.
You have selected:
Showing results {{range.limit * + 1}} - {{range.limit * +}} of {{total}}


No results in this area. Try moving the map or selecting a different category filter to find more results.
← Back to Map
Show List