The Phoenix Church and Museum
Built in 1858 to serve the Catholic residents in the mining community of Cliff. The church was dismantled and reassembled in Phoenix in 1899. Masses were held until 1957. In 1985 the Keweenaw County Historical Society took over the property and began extensive repair and restoration work. The Church now appears much as it did when folks from another century knelt in prayer. Still used for weddings and memorial services. Open mid-May to early-October. There is no admission charge for this museum.
|Season(s) of Operation||