Sand Point Lighthouse
Established in 1867 by the National Lighthouse Service, Sand Point's light has guided ships through squalls and shoals throughout its colorful history. A fire in 1886 destroyed the structure, but the lighthouse was rebuilt and served the sailing public until its decommissioning by the Coast Guard in 1939. Today an electronic club light guides boats into the harbor, and the lighthouse has been restored as a maritime museum.
|Season(s) of Operation||